Location : Bengaluru
Background & Role Description :
Samudra Network is an agri value chain company working with Farmer Producer Groups (FPCs) and Farmer collectives to drive the success of farmer collective led value chains across various commodities. Our vision is to leverage user experience design, cutting edge technology & fair trade business models to create transparent and equitable agri value chains. We are on a mission to create a digital agri market network where Farmer Producer Groups, Wholesale Buyers, Agri Input suppliers and Agri Finance companies can discover, interact and transact with full transparency and real-time information leading to sustainable value chains
To build partnerships with agri commodities buyers and our supply side partners for our fast growing agri network we are looking for a category manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience from working within agri commodities sourcing and supply chain operations across the food and agri wholesale ecosystem and is excited about creating the foundations of a cutting edge digital agri supply chain ecosystem.
Key Responsibilities :
- Work with supply side lead & various FPC partners to map opportunities for sourcing of relevant agri commodities. Guide the supply lead and partners on various quality evaluation, grading parameters. Complete sourcing agreements and price negotiations. Represent the FPOs in conversations with buyers.
- Own sourcing and delivery of various commodity brands launched by the company. Operationalizing the commodity sourcing & packaging process from evaluation of various quality parameters to product readiness across purchase, stocking & sales.
- Identify new and potential business opportunities with Market players, Wholesale Buyers and Processors for relevant commodities which can be fulfilled by our Farmer Producer Group Network.
- Build Market & Pricing Intelligence framework and tracking across the relevant commodities
- Maintain regular discussions with key buyers to build relationships and growth of the commodities trade while developing understanding of market gaps and opportunities.
Soft Skills :
- Ability to improvise and think on the fly for bold and innovative solutions
- Ability to take initiative as required and communicate key information crisply & to the point.
- Entrepreneurial and Execution oriented with ‘Will do’ & “Fix It” attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, startup environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably a graduate from a recognized university / institute with basic working knowledge of the Agriculture/ Horticulture sector
- At Least 5 years of experience working across sourcing or supply chains in the food and agri wholesale sector
- Ability to work with digital and online platforms for day to day work.
- Knowledge of English, Hindi and Kannada is essential.
Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Category Manager