Location : Bengaluru
Send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Category Manager’
Background & Role Description :
Samudra Network is an agritech startup with presence in Bengaluru and Gurgaon. Our vision is to leverage user experience design, cutting edge technology and fair trade business models to create transparent and equitable agri value chains. We are on a mission to create a digital agri market network where Farmer Producer Groups, Wholesale Buyers, Agri Input suppliers and Agri Finance companies can discover, interact and transact with full transparency and real-time information.
To expand our partnerships with agri demand side players we are looking for a category manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has experience from working within the procurement and supply chain area across the food and hospitality ecosystem and is excited about creating impact and change leveraging digital technology and human centered design.
Key Responsibilities :
- Identify new and potential business opportunities with Market players, Wholesale Buyers and Processors for relevant commodities which can be fulfilled by our Farmer Producer Group Network.
- Work on development of value chains and market linkages for 5-7 identified commodities/ products, develop a business plan for the commodities and roll out the plan.
- Develop and execute on an opportunity pipeline consisting of key buyer prospects across the food and hospitality ecosystem
- Maintain and grow business across existing and key accounts
Soft Skills :
- Entrepreneurial and Execution oriented with ‘Will do’ & “Fix It” attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, startup environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably a graduate from a recognized university / institute with basic working knowledge of the Agriculture/ Horticulture sector
- 2-5 years of experience working across procurement or supply chains in the food and hospitality sector in Karnataka.
- Ability to work with digital and online platforms for day to day work.
- Knowledge of English, Hindi and Kannada is essential.